Antigen Testing is a quick and easy way to figure out if a person is infected with a virus. A nasal swab is used to test for a piece of the virus. The sample is then run right on site, and results are available in 15 minutes.
WHO SHOULD BE TESTED?
The CDC defines 5 reasons to be tested for SARS-CoV2
- Individuals with signs or symptoms consistent with COVID-19
- Asymptomatic individuals with recent known or suspected exposure to SARS-CoV-2 to control transmission
- Asymptomatic individuals without known or suspected exposure to SARS-CoV-2 for early identification in special settings
- Individuals being tested to determine resolution of infection
- Individuals being tested for purposes of public health surveillance for SARS-CoV-2
How much does the test cost?
Weiss Wellness charges $150 per test when done in our office and $300 per test when done in your home. We also offer a family (greater than 4 members) and group discunts
How reliable is it?
Тhe newest study shows that this test is Correct 99% of the time when it reads a positive result and 98.2% of the time when it reads a negative result. Whenever there is concern, all testing should be confirmed with PCR.
If you are asymptomatic and your test is negative, you should continue to mask up, social distance from people outside of your inner circle and practice excellent hygiene.
If you are asymptomatic and your test is positive, you should confirm the result with a PCR test at a local lab. You should isolate for 10 days from the date of positive test or until you get a negative PCR.
If you are symptomatic and your test is positive, you should isolate for 10 days from your symptom onset (regardless of test date). Once your isolation is complete you should continue to wear a mask, socially distance from people outside your inner circle and practice excellent hygiene in your community.